lunes, 29 de octubre de 2012

Halloween -Sketches and design

This is going to be really tricky. So many ideas, so different from one another. So little time.

First idea: The Zombie Detective

First off, zombie detective, sitting in his office smoking a cigarrette. His desk and walls should be decorated with halloween themed objects. 
Pros: it could be really useful to practice lighting, since this one is all about the setting. 
Cons: It's the one that has less to do with Halloween from a purely visual standpoint.


Second idea: Trick or Treat.

A kid doing the trick or treat, with the creepy monster he's dressed as lurking behind him. I tried two different perspectives in this. If I finally decide to go with this one, the second will be the perspective used in the final piece. 
Pros: Pure Halloween, simple idea, very visual, works great. 
Cons: Maybe it's too conservative as the perspective and character poses are really basic.

Third idea: Zombie Pin-Up

Zombie waitress in a typical american burger restaurant (circa the 60s, I would say). On the plate, she's carrying a lighted pumpkin, as if it were a birthday cake. It's meant to be in the style of some sort of vintage postcard, hence the "Happy Halloween" inscription.
Pros: I really like this idea, and I'd been dying to draw one of those american restaurants. I have been dying to draw pretty much everything in this picture, even to came up with a lettering style that matches is something I'm looking forward to.
Cons: I don't have as much time as I need to give this idea the treatment it deserves. I'd probably end very frustrated if rushing it makes it worthless, maybe to the point of not even attempting this drawing again.


So, who knows. Time to make my mind up.

PD: If you're reading this, Steve, any comment to make me decide over one of the ideas will be much appreciated :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario